Mocha-Almond Snack Mix
Coated with mild, coffee-flavored chocolate, cereal, almonds and popcorn turn into sweet clusters. It's a hard-to-resist snack during the holidays.—Niki Plourde, Gardner, Massachusetts
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, popcorn and almonds. In a
- microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Add the espresso
- powder, extract and salt. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Immediately spread onto waxed paper; let stand until set. Break into
- pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 303 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.