Mocha-Almond Snack Mix Recipe
Coated with mild, coffee-flavored chocolate, cereal, almonds and popcorn turn into sweet clusters. It's a hard-to-resist snack during the holidays.—Niki Plourde, Gardner, Massachusetts
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, popcorn and almonds. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Add the espresso powder, extract and salt. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Immediately spread onto waxed paper; let stand until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
3/4 cup: 303 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Mocha-Almond Snack Mix
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC