Coated with mild, coffee-flavored chocolate, cereal, almonds and popcorn turn into sweet clusters. It's a hard-to-resist snack during the holidays.—Niki Plourde, Gardner, Massachusetts
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, popcorn and almonds. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Add the espresso powder, extract and salt. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Immediately spread onto waxed paper; let stand until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Mocha-Almond Snack Mix in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p24
Reviews for Mocha-Almond Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2014
"the white chocolate is a little more pronounced than the mocha but still has good flavor. my family thought it tasty."