Mocha Almond Fudge
I probably found this recipe in a magazine, and it has to date back to the '60s. I find the dessert to be very easy, with good texture and flavor. Friends with whom I share this treat think so, too.
45 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with foil and grease the foil with
- butter; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, milk,
- coffee granules and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1
- minute; stir. Microwave at additional 15-second intervals, stirring
- until smooth. Stir in almonds and extract. Spread into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge
- into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the
- refrigerator. Yield: about 1/2 pound.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 30 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.