For an easy, make-ahead dessert that's elegant and luscious, try this recipe from our Test Kitchen. The perfect blend of mocha and chocolate is in each cool, refreshing slice.
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla until smooth. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; beat into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped cream and almonds. Pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Garnish with coffee beans if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Almond Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p50
Reviews for Mocha Almond Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review