- 4 large portabello mushrooms
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 Italian herb flatbread wraps, warmed
- Additional salt-free garlic seasoning blend, optional
- Brush mushrooms with oil and sprinkle with seasoning blend. To grill
- mushrooms, place on a hot grill until deep brown, about 10 minutes.
- Turn and grill until golden brown, another 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and ginger in a small bowl. Spread over
- tortillas. Top with spinach and tomato slices. When mushrooms are
- done, slice into thin strips and sprinkle with additional seasoning
- blend if desired. Place mushrooms on wraps and roll up tightly.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.