Mixed Veggies Recipe
Crunchy water chestnuts give a nice contrast in texture to the tender peas in this snappy side dish from Judy Bennett. The Vacaville, California cook says she prepares it often for company. Guests will never guess that it costs only 52¢ per serving.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter. Add the peas, water chestnuts and soy sauce. Cook until heated through, about 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peas with Mushrooms in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p51
Reviews for Mixed Veggies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Side Dishes >
- Budget Side Dish Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >