- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk an butter)
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with the vegetables. In a bowl, combine mashed potatoes and cheese; spread over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Veggie Casserole in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p182
Reviews for Mixed Veggie Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review