Mixed Vegetables Recipe
"This comforting skillet side dish has been a huge hit with my family from the first time I served it," relates Anna Mary Beiler of Strasburg, Pennsylvania.
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, saute celery, onion and garlic in margarine until tender. Add broth, potatoes, carrots and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Uncover and simmer for 5 minutes or until broth has thickened slightly, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 11 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 1/2-cup serving equals 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat; also, 79 calories, 66 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 14 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 2 gm fat.
Reviews for Mixed Vegetables
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC