Mixed Vegetables Recipe
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a nonstick skillet, bring carrot and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, onion and zucchini; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Add salad dressing and oregano. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mixed Vegetables(4)
Sort By :
Ick! Looks better on paper than it tastes.
I liked this a lot and thought it was easy. Each time I have made it I have added a different vegetable, some root veggies cut real thin (a beet and a rutabaga) and I have added more carrots. It is just one of those really good ideas that lead to lots of others.
I found the veggies kind of bland.I cooked all my veggies then i tossed them with a light italian dressing.If you roast the veggies I tossed with dressing and then roasted them very good hot or cold. even kids like this dish
I have made this recipe several times although I use regular Italian salad dressing because that is what I have on hand. This is easy and a good mix of vegetables.
More Recipe Collections
- Budget Side Dish Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >