- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute celery, onion and garlic in margarine until tender. Add broth, potatoes, carrots and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and simmer for 5 minutes or until broth has thickened slightly, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 11 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Vegetables in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p16
Reviews for Mixed Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >