Mixed Vegetable Side Dish
I'm 12 years old and just love to cook. The first time I made this recipe for my family, everyone loved it. I'm sure you will, too!
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, saute celery, onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add the broth, water, potatoes, carrots and pepper. Bring to a boil;
- reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender. Uncover and simmer for 5 minutes or until broth has slightly
- thickened, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with parsley; serve
- immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: 1/2 cup equals 101 calories, 148 mg sodium, 2 cholesterol, 15 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.