Mixed Vegetable Salad
Anita Gibson of Clinton, Illinois shares colorful, crunchy and slightly sweet Mixed Vegetable Salad.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cook the mixed vegetables on the stove or in the microwave until
- crisp-tender. Drain; place in a large bowl. Add kidney beans,
- celery, onion and green pepper. In a saucepan over medium heat,
- bring sugar, vinegar and cornstarch to a boil, stirring constantly,
- until thickened. Cool slightly. Pour over vegetables and toss.
- Refrigerate. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 151 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.