Mixed Vegetable Casserole Recipe
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place half in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, oregano, salt and pepper. Sprinkle half over vegetables in the baking dish. Layer with remaining vegetables and seasoning mixture. Dot with butter.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 132 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Mixed Vegetable Casserole
"This came out great and it was not a lot of work at all! I'm always happy to have a tasty way to prep veggies!"