Mixed Vegetable Casserole Recipe
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place half in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, oregano, salt and pepper. Sprinkle half over vegetables in the baking dish. Layer with remaining vegetables and seasoning mixture. Dot with butter.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 132 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Mixed Vegetable Casserole
"This came out great and it was not a lot of work at all! I'm always happy to have a tasty way to prep veggies!"