Mixed Vegetable Bake Recipe
Carolyn Woodall of Roxboro, North Carolina combines convenient frozen veggies with crunchy water chestnuts and chopped celery in this cheesy side dish topped with cracker crumbs.
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 13 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mixed vegetables, water chestnuts, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Stir in cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Toss cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 314 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC