Carolyn Woodall of Roxboro, North Carolina combines convenient frozen veggies with crunchy water chestnuts and chopped celery in this cheesy side dish topped with cracker crumbs.
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 13 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed vegetables, water chestnuts, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Toss cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Vegetable Bake in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p51
Reviews for Mixed Vegetable Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2013
"Love it! It had crunch & great texter. Did not have crackers so I used panco bread crumbs. It worked & it was great."