Mixed Paella Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, rice and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Stir in the shrimp, tomatoes, peas, olives and chicken; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 392 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 973 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Mixed Paella
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.