Packed with chicken, shrimp, rice, tomatoes, peas and stuffed olives, this vibrant meal is quick and filling. It will take the chill off any cooler evenings.—Libby Walp, Chicago
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, rice and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the shrimp, tomatoes, peas, olives and chicken; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Paella in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mixed Paella
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review