“These little toasts are pretty and irresistible—they’re always a big hit. Even though they look like you fussed, the ingredients are probably in your pantry.” —Laurie LaClair, North Richland Hills, Texas
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in mozzarella cheese and parsley. Cut baguette into 24 slices; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with olive mixture.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mixed Olive Crostini in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p30
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mixed Olive Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review