Mixed Nut Chocolate Tart Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup unblanched almonds
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add cream and vanilla, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased fluted 11-in. tart pan with removable bottom; set aside.
- Place nuts in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and extracts until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and nut mixture; pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Nut Chocolate Tart in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p32
Reviews for Mixed Nut Chocolate Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review