Mixed Nut Brittle Recipe
Peanut brittle is done one better when prepared with mixed nuts instead. This impressive candy is simply delicious. I like to pack some in pretty plastic bags to give as gifts.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 10 min. YIELD:20 servings
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups mixed nuts
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Uncover and cook until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage).
- 2. Meanwhile, grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. Place nuts in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans; bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until warm. (Keep warm until ready to use.)
- 3. Remove sugar mixture from the heat; carefully stir in the nuts, vanilla, salt and remaining butter. Quickly spread into prepared pan. Cool completely; break into pieces. Yield: 2-1/2 pounds.
2 ounces equals 278 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC