Mixed Nut Brittle Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups mixed nuts
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Uncover and cook until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage).
- 2. Meanwhile, grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. Place nuts in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans; bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until warm. (Keep warm until ready to use.)
- 3. Remove sugar mixture from the heat; carefully stir in the nuts, vanilla, salt and remaining butter. Quickly spread into prepared pan. Cool completely; break into pieces. Yield: 2-1/2 pounds.
2 ounce-weight: 278 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Mixed Nut Brittle
"Just read this recipe, can you explain the pan situation to me?"
"I'll try to mix another natural for this recipe,thank for idea."
"This recipe is also delicious and one my family very badly wants to keep. It goes in our recipe box right away."