Mixed Nut Brittle
Peanut brittle is done one better when prepared with mixed nuts instead. This impressive candy is simply delicious. I like to pack some in pretty plastic bags to give as gifts.
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups mixed nuts
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Uncover and cook until a
- candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage).
- Meanwhile, grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with 2
- teaspoons butter; set aside. Place nuts in two ungreased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans; bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or
- until warm. (Keep warm until ready to use.)
- Remove sugar mixture from the heat; carefully stir in the nuts,
- vanilla, salt and remaining butter. Quickly spread into prepared
- pan. Cool completely; break into pieces. Yield: 2-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 2 ounces equals 278 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.