Mixed Nut Bars Recipe
Here's a tasty treat that is a wonderful time-saver. No matter where I take these bars, no one can eat just one and I always get asked for the recipe. They look great piled high on a pretty platter and taste even better.—Bobbi Brown, Waupaca, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt butterscotch chips and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Stir in corn syrup.
- 3. Sprinkle nuts over crust; top with butterscotch mixture. Bake 10 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 each equals 143 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC