Mixed Nut Bars
Here's a tasty treat that is a wonderful time-saver. No matter where I take these bars, no one can eat just one and I always get asked for the recipe. They look great piled high on a pretty platter and taste even better.Bobbi Brown, Waupaca, Wisconsin
42 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in 1/2
- cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt butterscotch chips and remaining
- butter; stir until smooth. Stir in corn syrup.
- Sprinkle nuts over crust; top with butterscotch mixture. Bake 10
- minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 each equals 143 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.