- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt butterscotch chips and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Stir in corn syrup.
- Sprinkle nuts over crust; top with butterscotch mixture. Bake 10 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mixed Nut Bars
Sort By :
"Butterscotch fans, this is your recipe! The saltiness of the mixed roasted nuts I used was a great combination with the sweet, thick. butterscotch. Although the butterscotch mixture was a little difficult to spread around, if it is done while still very warm it spreads easier. Cut these into small serving pieces because they are very rich. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I love trying new recipes that look and taste outstanding!"
"Really Yummy! My hubbie has an allergy to cashews, so I just used almonds and pecans, but I think you could use any nuts you please. Heating the butterscotch mixture a little more did make it easier to spread; I made extra because I love it gooey! I also sprinkled the top with a little coarse salt after it came out of the oven because I'm a sucker for salted caramel. Next time I might add broken pretzel pieces to the nuts. This is just me using my imagination; this recipe is really solid, and would be great just the way it is! Enjoy!"
"Great !! Made them for a club outing. Were gone like zap. Also requests for how to make. I dropped the melted butterscotch on top. When you put it back in the oven it melts evenly."
"Tasty bars!! Had a hard time spreading the butterscotch mixture. After several hours of cooling the final product had a heavenly chewy butterscotch nuts topping over a flaky crust. Yum :)"
"I am trying to make these and have been through bags of butterscotch chips! Tried every method I can find online for melting without scorching. They just aren't melting right! Any suggestions? I can melt without the butter but with the butter it turns pasty!!"