- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups deluxe mixed nuts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 300°.
- In a small saucepan, combine figs and water. Cook and stir over low heat until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat; stir in marmalade. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Add the corn syrup, eggs, butter, vanilla and fig mixture; stir in nuts. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 300° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until set. Cover edges with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and marmalade; beat until soft peaks form. Serve with pie. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mixed Nut 'n' Fig Pie
Sort By :
"I made this for thanksgiving this year and it was sure a hit! My sister even said it was her new favorite pie! I only had salted butter at home so I gave the mixed nuts a quick rinse instead. I absolutely love the marmalade in this so I used all heaping measurements there :) I'm definitely going to make this a yearly tradition!"
"Everyone raved about this pie. Only change I'd make is to the whipping cream. I'd add more orange marmalade or orange extract to it."