Mixed Mushroom Tartlets Recipe
I summer in northern Michigan and find the morels that grow wild up there just irresistible, but never pick mushrooms if you are not 100% sure they are safe to eat. If morels are not available, I use whatever mushrooms I can find at the supermarket. If you like crumble some goat cheese over the top. The tarts can be used as a vegetarian entree or an appetizers.Jennifer Condreay, Centennial, Colorado
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced fresh assorted mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or dry vermouth
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter and oil in batches until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the wine, thyme and salt. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in cream. Cook for 10 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Unfold one puff pastry sheet. Roll out into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Cut into eight rectangles. Using a sharp knife, score 1/2 in. from the edges of each pastry (do not cut through).
- Transfer to baking sheets. Repeat with remaining sheet of puff pastry. Spoon mushroom mixture into centers. Whisk egg yolk and water; brush over pastry edges.
- Bake at 400° for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Mushroom Tartlets in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mixed Mushroom Tartlets(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >