Mixed Legume Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 3/4 cup dried yellow split peas
- 3/4 cup dried green split peas
- 3 quarts beef broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until the lentils and peas are tender. Yield: 12-14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 177 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Mixed Legume Soup
"This is healthy, delicious, and so easy. My husband loved it too. I added double the bacon and carrots and was very happy with it. Thank you for this recipe."