Mixed Herb Rice Recipe
Fragrant and tasty, this herbed rice could be paired with most any entrée. Onion adds a nice sweetness to this side dish from Randeen Rumps of Garden City, Michigan.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 2-1/4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 232 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 833mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Mixed Herb Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC