Mixed Grill Fajitas Recipe
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 Italian sausage links
- 2 beef cube steaks (4 ounces each)
- 24 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 6 cups (24 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in oil until tender; keep warm. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cumin and garlic; chill until serving.
- 2. Combine the salt, pepper and chili powder; sprinkle over chicken, sausages and steaks. Grill chicken and sausages, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170° and the sausage is no longer pink. Slice and keep warm.
- 3. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Slice and keep warm.
- 4. Divide meats and vegetables among tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Roll up; serve with sour cream mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
2 fajitas equals 709 calories, 34 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 1,111 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Reviews for Mixed Grill Fajitas
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.