Mixed Greens with Mushrooms
This is a great year-round salad because you can use whatever greens are in season. The tarragon in the dressing is subtle but really adds to the flavor.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Dash pepper
- Toss greens, tomatoes and mushrooms in a large bowl. In a small bowl,
- whisk together dressing ingredients; pour over salad and serve
- immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 1 vegetable; also, 30 calories, 60 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 5 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, trace fat.