Mixed Greens with Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette
Every forkful of this spectacular salad has a crunch from walnuts, a burst of flavor from pomegranate seeds and a smooth finish from the simple vinaigrette.—Ray Uyeda, Mountain View, California
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and shallot.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, spinach and arugula. Pour
- vinaigrette over salad; toss to coat. Top with walnuts and
- pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 169 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable.