Mixed Greens with Goat Cheese
Goat cheese also comes flavored with mixed herbs. You can find goat cheese in the specialty cheese section of your local grocery store.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 logs (4 ounces each) fresh goat cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) Italian-blend salad greens
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Place flour and almonds in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow
- bowl, beat egg and water. Cut each cheese log into six slices; roll
- in flour, then dip into egg mixture. Roll in almonds, pressing
- gently into cheese.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Divide salad greens among six plates; top each with two warm cheese
- slices. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 6 servings.