Mixed Greens with Goat Cheese Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 logs (4 ounces each) fresh goat cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) Italian-blend salad greens
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Place flour and almonds in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Cut each cheese log into six slices; roll in flour, then dip into egg mixture. Roll in almonds, pressing gently into cheese.
- 2. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Divide salad greens among six plates; top each with two warm cheese slices. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 210 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Mixed Greens with Goat Cheese
"I just love goat cheese on a salad, and this easy but elegant presentation is no exception. So very simple with great flavor."