- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 logs (4 ounces each) fresh goat cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) Italian-blend salad greens
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Place flour and almonds in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Cut each cheese log into six slices; roll in flour, then dip into egg mixture. Roll in almonds, pressing gently into cheese.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Divide salad greens among six plates; top each with two warm cheese slices. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Greens with Goat Cheese in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p256
Reviews for Mixed Greens with Goat Cheese(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2010
I just love goat cheese on a salad, and this easy but elegant presentation is no exception. So very simple with great flavor.