Mixed Greens with Garlic-Basil Vinaigrette
"Almonds add flavor, texture and crunch—plus a bit of extra nutrition—to this tart , cranberry-studded t salad. For a special meal, I like to serve it with Cornish game hens, wild rice and broiled asparagus. "
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, basil, brown sugar, mustard,
- garlic and pepper. Divide salad greens between two plates; drizzle
- with dressing. Sprinkle with cranberries and almonds. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups dressed salad equals 274 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.