"Almonds add flavor, texture and crunch—plus a bit of extra nutrition—to this tart , cranberry-studded t salad. For a special meal, I like to serve it with Cornish game hens, wild rice and broiled asparagus. " —Dawn Bryant Thedford, Nebraska
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, basil, brown sugar, mustard, garlic and pepper. Divide salad greens between two plates; drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with cranberries and almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Greens with Garlic-Basil Vinaigrette in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p14
Reviews for Mixed Greens with Garlic-Basil Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2012
"have had so many request for the recipe. this is a wonderful salad along side any type of beef dish"
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2008
"This dressing is fabulous as a marinade or condiment for grilled fish or chicken too. It's really great!"