Mixed Greens with French Dressing
You won’t miss the oil in this tasty dressing. People have told me it’s so good, they wonder why I haven’t marketed it! I enjoy cooking and have worked in food service, at schools and elsewhere, for most of my life.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 cups torn curly endive
- 3 cups chopped escarole or torn romaine
- For dressing, place the first eight ingredients in a blender or food
- processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, combine the endive and escarole. Shake dressing
- and drizzle over greens. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 4-6
- servings (about 1-1/2 cups dressing).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 110 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,093 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.