Mixed Greens with Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
I like to make this dish with whatever greens are in season. In spring, I use tender young greens from my garden, including spinach and Bibb lettuce. This salad is our favorite to serve with a baked chicken casserole. It's also perfect for potlucks-just toss the dressing with vegetables right before serving.
- 2 quarts mixed salad greens
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- BLUE CHEESE DRESSING:
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine first four ingredients. Chill until serving. Combine dressing ingredients; toss with salad mixture just until coated. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1/2 meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat; also, 181 calories, 310 mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol, 9 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, 13 gm fat.
Reviews for Mixed Greens with Blue Cheese Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC