I like to make this dish with whatever greens are in season. In spring, I use tender young greens from my garden, including spinach and Bibb lettuce. This salad is our favorite to serve with a baked chicken casserole. It's also perfect for potlucks-just toss the dressing with vegetables right before serving.
- 2 quarts mixed salad greens
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- BLUE CHEESE DRESSING:
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoon chopped green onions
- In a large salad bowl, combine first four ingredients. Chill until serving. Combine dressing ingredients; toss with salad mixture just until coated. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Greens with Blue Cheese Dressing in Country February/March 1991, p47
Reviews for Mixed Greens with Blue Cheese Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2016
"Just prepared this for a party later today and who doesn't love blue cheese - couldn't stop sampling it while I was making it. Delicious"