Mixed Greens Salad with Tarragon Dressing
I use tarragon I grow in my garden to make the vinegar in this easy dressing. Since the dressing keeps well, I double the recipe most of the time and use half in this great-tasting salad.
-Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first nine ingredients. In a
- large salad bowl, toss salad greens, radishes, croutons and sesame
- seeds. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 147 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 370 mg sodium,