Mixed Greens and Citrus Salad
Juicy grapefruit and ruby red strawberries add delightful color and a wonderful flavor combination to this refreshing salad. The tangy citrus dressing adds the ideal finishing touch.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit or orange, peeled and sectioned
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook almonds in 2 teaspoons oil
- until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Add 1 tablespoon honey
- and cinnamon; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes longer or until almonds
- are glazed and golden brown. Spoon almonds onto a greased foil-lined
- baking sheet, separating almonds into a single layer as much as
- possible. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the lemon juice, peel, mustard, salt and
- remaining honey. Cover and pulse until well blended. While
- processing, gradually add remaining oil in a steady stream. Process
- until thickened.
- In a large serving bowl, combine mixed greens, strawberries and