Mixed Greens and Citrus Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit or orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1. In a small skillet over medium heat, cook almonds in 2 teaspoons oil until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Add 1 tablespoon honey and cinnamon; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes longer or until almonds are glazed and golden brown. Spoon almonds onto a greased foil-lined baking sheet, separating almonds into a single layer as much as possible. Set aside to cool.
- 2. In a food processor, combine the lemon juice, peel, mustard, salt and remaining honey. Cover and pulse until well blended. While processing, gradually add remaining oil in a steady stream. Process until thickened.
- 3. In a large serving bowl, combine mixed greens, strawberries and citrus sections. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with glazed almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mixed Greens and Citrus Salad
"Delicious for lunch. I used a grapefruit from our tree in the salad, along with blueberries and Marcona Almonds. The dash of cinnamon added a nice flavor to the salad."
"We didn't love this... No particular reason, but we won't make it again. It was beautiful, though!"
"I made this for our dinner group and it was very good. The dressing is wonderful! I used a navel orange but I think next time I will use a grapefruit for a bit more tang. Our whole group really enjoyed the salad and they asked for the recipe which is always a great endorsement."