Mixed Greens and Citrus Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit or orange, peeled and sectioned
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook almonds in 2 teaspoons oil until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Add 1 tablespoon honey and cinnamon; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes longer or until almonds are glazed and golden brown. Spoon almonds onto a greased foil-lined baking sheet, separating almonds into a single layer as much as possible. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the lemon juice, peel, mustard, salt and remaining honey. Cover and pulse until well blended. While processing, gradually add remaining oil in a steady stream. Process until thickened.
- In a large serving bowl, combine mixed greens, strawberries and citrus sections. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with glazed almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mixed Greens and Citrus Salad(3)
Sort By :
Delicious for lunch. I used a grapefruit from our tree in the salad, along with blueberries and Marcona Almonds. The dash of cinnamon added a nice flavor to the salad.
We didn't love this... No particular reason, but we won't make it again. It was beautiful, though!
I made this for our dinner group and it was very good. The dressing is wonderful! I used a navel orange but I think next time I will use a grapefruit for a bit more tang. Our whole group really enjoyed the salad and they asked for the recipe which is always a great endorsement.