Mixed Greens and Apple Salad Recipe
- 5-1/3 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium apples, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- LEMON HONEY SALAD DRESSING:
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- Dash salt
- Dash white pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the salad greens, apple and feta cheese. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the salad dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 82 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.