Mixed Green Salad with Raspberry Dressing Recipe
In Grand Blanc, Michigan, Brenda Lancaster tosses together this pretty medley of greens, mushrooms, red pepper, onion and oranges. She uses raspberry vinegar in the homemade dressing, but cider vinegar works nicely in a pinch.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3-1/2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, lettuce, red pepper, onion, oranges and mushrooms. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving equals 96 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC