In Grand Blanc, Michigan, Brenda Lancaster tosses together this pretty medley of greens, mushrooms, red pepper, onion and oranges. She uses raspberry vinegar in the homemade dressing, but cider vinegar works nicely in a pinch.
- 3-1/2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- Pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, lettuce, red pepper, onion, oranges and mushrooms. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Green Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p43
Reviews for Mixed Green Salad with Raspberry Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2013
"This was very good. I left out the mushrooms and used a whole small can of oranges to satisfy my taste."