Mixed Green Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette Recipe
This colorful salad is a bright and tasty introduction to a special meal. Dried cranberries and tart apples along with glazed walnuts and rich blue cheese add interest to the mix.—Gretchen Farr, Port Orford, Oregon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup glazed walnuts
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Cool slightly. Place the cranberry mixture, vinegar and mustard in a blender; cover and process until pureed. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Just before serving, in a large bowl, combine the salad greens, apple, cranberries and walnuts. Drizzle with 1 cup vinaigrette and toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Serve with remaining vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mixed Green Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC