Mixed Green Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup glazed walnuts
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Place the cranberry mixture, vinegar and mustard in a blender; cover and process until pureed. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, combine the salad greens, apple, cranberries and walnuts. Drizzle with 1 cup vinaigrette and toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Serve with remaining vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Green Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette in Country Woman December/January 2013, p54
Reviews for Mixed Green Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >