- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar plus 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil and pepper flakes; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Green Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p36
Reviews for Mixed Green Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2011
"Very fresh tasting salad. My family prefers homemade dressings to the store bought. I cubed the vegetables instead of slicing."