A slightly savory dressing really complements the sweet fruit in this recipe. I also use the dressing on salad greens.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sliced peeled kiwifruit
- 1 cup cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, sugar, salt, mustard, onion powder and pepper; cover and process for 5 seconds. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in basil.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Fruit with Lemon-Basil Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p146
Reviews for Mixed Fruit with Lemon-Basil Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 12, 2013
"The basil flavor is a nice compliment to the fruit"