Mixed Fruit Cobbler Recipe
The corn bread topping gives this old-fashioned fruit cobbler a brand-new taste. You can use most any combination of fruits to make it. A scoop of ice cream or a little whipped topping makes it extra special.
- 4 medium ripe apricots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large ripe nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the fruit, 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Dot with butter.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in milk and oil just until moistened. Spread over fruit mixture.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 247 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Mixed Fruit Cobbler
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC