- 4 medium ripe apricots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large ripe nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit, 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Dot with butter.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in milk and oil just until moistened. Spread over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Fruit Cobbler in Country Woman July/August 2004, p33
Reviews for Mixed Fruit Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review