Mixed Fruit Cheese Ball Recipe
For a pretty holiday presentation, I like to place this cheese ball on a festive platter and surround it with wedges of unpeeled apples and assorted crackers. People are always pleasantly surprised by the combination of flavors in every bite. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted dried plums, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Apple slices and assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream and coriander blended. Stir in fruit. Shape into a ball; roll in pecans. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill until serving. Serve with apples and crackers. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Fruit Cheese Ball in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p36
Reviews for Mixed Fruit Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2009
This is a great twist on a traditional cheese ball. Make a couple of days ahead for best flavor. I served with Honey Crisp apples & Triscuts. It makes a large quantity - so for small family celebrations I would 1/2 the recipe.