For a pretty holiday presentation, I like to place this cheese ball on a festive platter and surround it with wedges of unpeeled apples and assorted crackers. People are always pleasantly surprised by the combination of flavors in every bite. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
Recommended: 25 Recipes You Can Make in a Microwave
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted dried plums, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Apple slices and assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream and coriander blended. Stir in fruit. Shape into a ball; roll in pecans. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill until serving. Serve with apples and crackers. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Fruit Cheese Ball in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p36
Reviews for Mixed Fruit Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2009
"This is a great twist on a traditional cheese ball. Make a couple of days ahead for best flavor. I served with Honey Crisp apples & Triscuts. It makes a large quantity - so for small family celebrations I would 1/2 the recipe."