Mixed Citrus Marmalade
I have an abundance of grapefuit and oranges, which I love to use in this orange-colored marmalade. It makes a great Christmas gift. —Corky Huffsmith, Indio, California
80 ServingsPrep: 1 hour 20 min. Process: 5 min.
- 1 pound lemons, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 pound grapefruit, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 pound oranges, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 2 quarts water
- 8 cups sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the lemons, grapefruit, oranges and water.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer to a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until fruit is tender. Stir in
- sugar. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 45-55 minutes or until
- thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into
- hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air
- bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a
- boiling-water canner. Yield: 10 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 82 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.