Mixed Citrus Marmalade Recipe
I have an abundance of grapefuit and oranges, which I love to use in this orange-colored marmalade. It makes a great Christmas gift. —Corky Huffsmith, Indio, California
- 1 pound lemons, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 pound grapefruit, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 pound oranges, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 2 quarts water
- 8 cups sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the lemons, grapefruit, oranges and water. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Transfer to a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until fruit is tender. Stir in sugar. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 45-55 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- 3. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 10 half-pints.
2 tablespoon: 82 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (21g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Mixed Citrus Marmalade
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC